Congratulations to ARCH Tenant Group members Martyn Lund and Yaw
John Boeteng and to Ann Reekie tenant representative from ARCH
member Hull City Council on being elected to the 'See the Person'
Campaign Leadership Committee.
Martyn is a tenant representative from Kettering Borough Council
and was elected as a representative of the ARCH Tenant Group. Yaw
and Ann have been elected as tenant representatives from their own
local authorities (Croydon Council and Hull City Council
Formerly known as the Benefit to Society project, 'See the
Person' Campaignhas been created to tackle the stigma that many
social housing tenants experience.
'See the Person'is a campaign led and organised by social
housing tenants and staff working in partnership. The Campaign
wants to see a more balanced portrayal and understanding of the
people living in social housing and is funded by sponsor
organisations mainly in the housing sector (including
Further information about the 'See the Person' Campaign is
available on the Campaign's website.
The objectives of the 'See the Person' Campaign are:
- To encourage the British public to better understand the stigma
associated with social housing tenants and the impact this has on
- To inspire the public to see social housing tenants in fairer,
more balanced way.
- To challenge politicians to recognise social housing tenants as
their constituents and make it a clear political necessity that
negative language and assumptions are challenged by them.
- To change the way the housing sector and the wider media
communicates stories and news involving social housing tenants,
their homes and their communities.
- To organise a tenant led campaign, supported in partnership by
housing staff and others.
The new Tenant Leadership Committee is made up of 9 tenant
representatives from a range of sponsoring organisations as
- Yaw John Boateng (London Borough of Croydon)
- Lynne Brosnan (Rochdale Boroughwide Housing)
- Fiona Brown (Progress Housing)
- Pam Hankinson (SYHA)
- Andrew Johnson (Rochdale Boroughwide Housing)
- Bernadette Kelly (Bolton at Home)
- Martyn Lund (ARCH)
- Chris Moseley (Homes in Sedgemoor)
- Ann Reekie (Hull City Council)
The committee was due to meet for the first time on March
7th in London. Watch out for more information in
future editions of the ARCH member bulletin